The Beattock Station Action Group was set up to promote the redevelopment of Beattock Station for the benefit of local people.
We see the reopening of the station as essential to regenerate Beattock, Moffat and the surrounding areas, and a key part of the Scottish Government’s strategy for accessible transport.
We’re keen to work with all interested groups to improve the social, economic and environmental wellbeing of the local communities.
Our 17 members represent a wide cross-section of the local area and beyond. They include:
- Four local businesspeople
- One representative from Moffat & District Community Initiative
- Two directors of a local social enterprise
- Two community councillors from Beattock
- Two community councillors from Moffat
- Two councillors from Dumfries & Galloway Council
- One councillor from South Lanarkshire Council
- One representative from the communities of Elvanfoot and Crawford
Two former senior railway managers
To find out more about how you can get involved, please contact us by email
Chairman: Ron Mc Lean
Vice Chair: Franca Bruno
Secretary: katherine Clemmens
Treasurer: Syvia Moffat